Serbian geographical societyСрпско географско друштво
Serbian Geographical Society
Serbian Geographical Society was founded in Belgrade, on Annunciation Day, April 7, 1910. Its founder is Jovan Cvijic, Serbia’s giant. It was the first geographical society in Yugoslav countries and the Balkan Peninsula, and it’s also a major cultural and educational event of the state of Serbia… Find out more!
Pursuant to the Education Development Strategy in Serbia until 2020 and Action Plan for the implementation of the Strategy, the Ministry of Education, Science and technological development plans to modernize curricula, as well as their alignment with the educational goals and outcomes. Find out more!
Belgrade Winner Statue
The town of Knjazevac
Competitions in Geography:
Test, results and the key from the national competition in 2016:
Geographers have been created to study the world and teach other people scientific truths to which they came. Geographical view of the world is simply unique. Geographers not only describe the distribution of various phenomena on the surface of the Earth, but also explain how the world works and how it is organized in space, and thus initiate scientific thinking ahead.
in the Republic of Serbia
- Faculty of Geography, University of Belgrade
- Department of Geography, Tourism and Hotel Management at Faculty of Sciences, University of Novi Sad
- Department of Geography, Faculty of Science, University of Niš
- Program of Geography at the Faculty of Sciences of the University of Pristina – department in Kosovska Mitrovica
- Geographical Institute Jovan Cvijić, SASA (Serbian Academy of Sciences and Arts)
Become a member of the Serbian Geographical Society!